Happy Monday my lovely reader.
November is almost upon us and I have been wanting the fresh start of a month to create a new self-love challenge. I like to undertake at least one-self love challenge a year, usually when things start getting really busy and I am putting myself last.
Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you. – Katie Reed
It can be quite distressing when you think about how we treat ourselves, you would never walk up to someone you just met and tell them how flabby their stomach looks or point out their imperfections.
Yet so often one of the first things I found myself doing every morning is getting up looking in the mirror and saying nothing but negativity.
How is it possible to enjoy each day and live life to the fullest if you cannot stand in front of a mirror naked without wincing or bombarding yourself with negative thoughts.
Self-love is self-acceptance. We need to accept who we are, identify the strengths in that, and let those strenghts guide our growth as people. – Sherry Benton Ph.D.
It really is true that you need to learn to love and appreciate yourself before you can really start to enjoy life but once you have there is no going back.
I have created an Instagram self-love challenge for November, hopefully, this gets my wonderful followers talking about the importance of self-love and acceptance.
To join in the challenge just upload an image that has something to do with that day’s challenge topic to Instagram and use the hashtag #NovemberSelfLoveChallenge so we can connect.
What are the self-love prompts for this months challenge?
Click on the links below to find out more information about each day’s prompt
1. What do you wish to achieve this month?
2. Buy yourself flowers or a plant.
3. Spend 5 minutes giving yourself positive affirmations in the mirror.
4. Write down your favourite personality trait.
5. Treat yourself to facial or sheet mask.
6. Write a letter of advice to your younger self.
7. Put on your favourite album and dance around like no one is watching.
8. Go for a walk outside during your lunch break.
9. Find a quote that inspires you and upload it as your phone background.
10. Write down 5 things that make you happy.
11. Treat yourself to your favourite dinner.
12. Write down 5 things that make you happy.
13. Spend a day doing your favourite activity.
14. Go to bed early and catch up on that missed sleep.
15. Relax in the bath with candles, a bath bomb and a good book.
16. Draw a self-portrait.
17. Spend a night out with your friends.
18. Create a playlist that makes you dance.
19. Write down a list of things you are grateful for.
20. Get up before dawn and try Tai Chi as the sun rises.
21. Unplug from all your tech for the day.
22. Write down something you forgive yourself for.
23. Take a picture of something that gives you joy.
24. Write down your favourite affirmation.
25. Watch a TEDTalk on self-love.
26. Spend 10 minutes really looking at yourself in the mirror.
27. Do a random act of kindness.
28. Spend a day giving yourself compliments every chance you can.
29. Write about your best experience from the challenge.
30. Spoil yourself.
Are you planning to undertake the self-love challenge?
Let me know how you go with your challenges in the comments below.