So the beautiful spring weather has hit and I of course had caught the flu, I can’t believe that I have some how caught such a horrible cold in such sunny weather. I originally thought that it was hay fever so I didn’t try to nip it in the bud before it got worse.
I’m sure its all a placebo but I always feel like I start getting better once I start loading up on garlic and lemon in recipes so tonight I am making one of my favourites absolutely choc-a-block full of lemon and garlic.
Spring Summer Pasta
A quick and easy pasta recipe that is perfect for any week night dinner when you just don't have time to cook, you can throw just about any spring veggie into the mix and it will still taste great.
- 1 leak, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch of asparagus, broken into inch pieces
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- Juice 1 lemon*
- 1 person serve wholemeal pasta
- pepper to season
- In a large pot cook wholemeal pasta per instructions on package.
- Place a large pan on medium heat and add oil, garlic, spring onions and leak then cook until everything begins to soften and turn golden brown.
- Add lemon juice to pan and stir for 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and zucchini and continue stirring for around 2 minutes or until the greens begin to soften.
- Drain pasta and add to vegetable mix.
- Serve immediately.
*When I juice my lemons the juicer usually creates creates some pulp on the juicer, I like to add a tablespoon of the pulp to any lemon dishes to help add some more flavour.
This recipe is honestly the quickest recipe I have in my repertoire so it is perfect for nights when I am feeling a little sick and want something that will fill me up and make me feel better.
What do you think of my Super Spring Pasta?
Do you load up on lemon and garlic when you feel sick?