I have said it before and I will say it again 1 million times, I love super easy pasta recipes! Pasta is one of my favourite things to cook because it is so versatile, it doesn’t matter the season there is a pasta dish to fit them all.
Lately as it begins to warm up I have been enjoying light pastas with minimal sauce and this recipe is great, not only does it have a bunch of spinach in it which is currently growing wild in my veggie garden but it is also super quick, which with pregnancy exhaustion is all I really care about.
Pumpkin, Spinach & Asparagus Pasta
A delicious and easy pasta recipe that is perfect for anytime of the year.
- 200 g spelt pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil (1 tbsp for pumpkin, 1 tbsp for sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 200 g cups of cubed butternut pumpkin
- 100 g spinach
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC
- Place diced pumpkin on a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in oven for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Boil pasta as per packet instructions.
- Once pasta has been cooked and drained place a large pan on medium heat, add oil and garlic, cook until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add pasta, asparagus, spinach, lemon juice and lemon zest then cook until spinach has wilted an asparagus is cooked through.
- Add cooked pumpkin to pasta mixture and stir through carefully ensuring the pumpkin is not mashed.
- Season with salt and pepper, divide evenly between 2 bowls and enjoy.
*Note I used spelt pasta rather than regular pasta because I like the taste and I had some open that I needed to cook. You could just use regular pasta if that is all you had.
Well there you have a super easy and delicious pasta recipe. I love the caramelized pumpkin pieces and ended up eating a bunch of them whilst I was cooking, I should just cook up a separate batch next time to snack on.
What do you think of my pasta recipe?
What is your favourite go to easy pasta recipe?