Its a cold, dark, wintry, Monday night and all I want to do when I finish work is rush home, chuck on my jimmies (pajamas), plonk a bean bag down in front of the fire and
read a book watch the next episode of Game of Thrones.
I also want to delve into a nice big bowl of my super amazing but super time consuming lemon and asparagus risotto but unfortunately its either snuggle up by the fire OR cook risotto, that risotto just demands time and effort.
Thankfully I am always looking for ways to better use my time to devote to being lazy, I have been playing around with the idea of a crock pot risotto to save time but just haven’t cooked one yet.
So tonight I have cooked up my Crock Pot risotto, this will be lemon and asparagus risotto because why else, that is the best risotto combination! But I am sure you could add just about anything to it.
Crock Pot Risotto
A tried and tested recipe with a few changes here and there to save on time!
- In a large sauce pan heat the vegetable stock over a low to medium heat.
- Place the crock pot on HIGH heat add the olive oil, bay leaf, crushed garlic and diced shallots and stir until fragrant and the shallots are starting to brown.
- Add the rice and stir for around 2 minutes or until all the excess oil has been absorbed.
- Add the white wine and stir for a minute whilst the alcohol cooks down.
- Add the juice of both lemons and the rind into the rice mixture and stir.
- Add all the heated vegetable stock to the crock pot and then leave on HIGH heat to cook for 2 hours.
- Once the rice has finished cooking add the diced asparagus and stir for 2 minutes then season with pepper.
- Divide evenly between 2 – 4, garnish with extra lemon rind and enjoy.
There you have my crock pot risotto, creamy, quick and delicious.
Have you tried crock pot risotto?
Whats your thoughts on crock pots?
Do you have any recipe suggestions?