As I have stated many a time, I am a lazy vegan cook when I get home from work mid week, throw in TOM and I am a hormonal-bitch-craving-chocolate-lazy-vegan-cook.
Last night I really wasn’t feeling like cooking anything, especially considering Dylan was at soccor and I really CBF cooking just for myself but I was “dying of starvation” (I may be slightly dramatic) and was craving something comforting and delicious whilst still taking care of my lust for chocolate.
I was paroosing pinterest and found this delicious looking Banana Oat Baked French Toast by Amanda at Running with Spoons.
It was vegan,
it was simple and
it was a one person serve.
Yes it ticked all my boxes but one…………..
With a few minor adjustments so it wasn’t too sweet and added in the chocolate I so desperately required and devoured this amazing creating. Head back on over to Amanda’s blog if you wish to try the original which I am sure would be just as nice.
Banana Oat Baked French Toast with Chocolate
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 slice of hearty bread, cubed
- ¼ cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and lightly grease an individually-sized oven-safe dish. Set aside.
- Combine banana, almond milk, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a large shallow bowl, mixing until fully combined.
- Pour bread cubes into the mixture and use a fork to lightly press down so that they absorb most of the liquid.
- Add oats and gently stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to your prepared dish then bake for 20 minutes, until the bake has set and the top has turned golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Well there you have one of my new favourite breakfast as dinner recipes, I would like to try Amanda’s soon as I am sure hers is even better without the changes.
Do you have any vegan recipes I should try?