- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Celery Stalk Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Capsicum Diced
- 1 Zucchini Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- Coriander for garnish
1. Boil a pot of water on the stove.
2. Wash the quinoa under cold running water for around 3 minutes, this will remove the bitter taste and any grit.
3. Pour the quinoa in the boiling water and leave to cook for around 10 minutes or until the quinoa is soft and fluffy, then drain.
4. Place a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil, garlic and onion and cook until golden brown.
5. Add the Capsicum, Zucchini and Celery to the garlic and onion mixture and leave for around 5 minutes or until everything has sweated down.
6. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and then fill the empty can half way with water, swirl the water in the can to remove any of the tomato juice still left in the can and then pour in with the tomato mixture.
7. Add the drained quinoa, paprika, chili powder and a few drops of Tabasco, I used around 6 drops but it depends on your taste.
8. Bring the heat to the boil then cover and reduce heat to a simmer then leave for around 10 minutes or until reduced slightly and thickened up.
9. Once the chili has thickened up add the drained kidney beans and stir for 2 minutes or until everything is completely combined.
10. Divide evenly between 2 to 3 people, serve immediately and garnish with coriander.