It’s Tuesday so that means its time for another recipe post, I love creating Vegan recipes and have a back log of posts because I tend to create new recipes or fiddle around with old ones every night for dinner so there is always a back log!
Last night I was really craving a creamy pasta which is odd because normally I can’t stand creamy sauces so I thought I would try my hand at a Vegan Alfredo so here I give to you my delicious and fast AlfredNO Pasta………. (see what I did there!)
This recipe makes 4 serves and the cheesier flavour can be altered by adding more Nutritional Yeast.
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 300 Grams Bowtie Pasta
- 4 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 2.5 Cups Unflavoured Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Lemons
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.2. Place trimmed Asparagus on a baking sheet, spray lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and sliced lemon then bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
3. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook pour in the bowtie pasta.4. Heat a deep pan and pour in the olive oil and crushed garlic. Let the garlic cook for around 3 minutes on until golden.5. Pour the flour into the garlic mixture and then using a spoon stir the mixture until the flour has absorbed all the oil and is starting to brown.
6. Pour the almond milk in half a cup at a time waiting until the milk has thickened before adding another half cup.7. Once all the milk is combined lower the heat to low add the nutritional yeast, the juice of one lemon and season with salt and pepper.
8. Cut the baked asparagus spears into small lengths and place in the sauce.9. Drain the cooked pasta and add into the sauce stirring to combine.
10. Divide evenly between 4 and enjoy!
There you go, only takes around 30 minutes to cook, is extremely filling and delicious!!
* A lot of these photos are pretty blurry but that was because this recipe is so quick I didn’t really have time to take photos whilst cooking*
What are your favourite Vegan pasta recipes?